If you're looking for a home heating solution, you may already know that infrared heating is the new ideal. If you'd like to know more about this, we invite you to read in greater detail about infrared heating and about EdenPURE on our EdenPURE Review.
We've worked with infrared heaters for several years, and can tell you that EdenPURE started the whole thing here in America, but they also had the most expensive units. EdenPURE's previous starter model -- the Personal Heater -- was just $197, but was only rated for heating small rooms. Today, the EdenPURE GEN2 heater offers tremendous value with features usually only found on higher end models.
- This is a small heater with a big punch. At just 15 pounds, it's easy to move around while heating up to 1000 square feet! (You can upgrade to casters for rolling it around if you like.)
- It uses PTC heating elements. This is important! Quartz infrared bulbs have a lifetime of up to 20,000 hours, but they have a nasty habit of quitting long before that. PTC bulbs can last up to 80,000 hours and should last you for many years.
- It comes with a remote control. (This was an extra cost with the Personal Heater, and isn't even available on many low-end models.)
- It offers a quiet mode. This means you can run it at a lower power setting, which saves money while really keeping the heater out of mind. Excellent for heating smaller areas.
- It has a built-in electronic themostat with digital display. This saves you more money while preventing a room from getting too hot when it's not being supervised. (It's always a good idea, however, to be around when an electric heater is running.)
- It has an on/off timer. Again, something rare on an inexpensive model like this. The timer lets you determine when it will turn on and off, which makes it great for going to sleep with the heater on; having it shut off when your under warm covers; then having it warm up the bedroom in the morning so it's not cold when you get out of bed!
- It has a tip-over sensor to shut off the heater if it's knocked over. This is fairly standard on new heaters, but many EdenPURE models do NOT have this. (EdenPURE's have a large base and are hard to knock over anyway.)
- It has an optional air purifier. This is easy to add to the back of the heater to help reduce dust, pollen, dander, etc. And it doesn't cost a lot more.
- It has a "Clean Filter" timer. This means it will alert you when you need to clean the filter, about every 720 hours of use. This makes it easy for you to keep the heater in good working condition!
- It comes with a 2-year warranty. Many low-end heaters only offer a 1-year warranty. Some offer more, but if they don't have PTC bulbs, keep in mind that this can be one of the biggest problem areas!
- The EdenPURE brand has the best design, in our opinion, for moving air. This doesn't necessarily mean that it will warm a room more quickly, but instead of a thin, hot stream of air, if gives you a wide, warm wind. This tends to make EdenPURE quieter, and we can tell you from experience that it warms your body better when the heater is aimed at you. This is a tremendous benefit for people who typically feel cold inside their houses!
- Best of all, the EdenPURE GEN2 comes with a starter price of just $197. There are a few infrared heaters out there for less, but not with PTC bulbs or these other premium features! We believe this is the best infrared heater value in America today.